Who we are
Our website address is: http://2thechildren.org
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- 2theChildren.org Foundation takes your privacy seriously and treats all financial information about any transaction you have with the Foundation as highly confidential.
- In addition, 2theChildren.org Foundation does not share e-mail addresses or phone numbers of any of our donors or constituents
- The Foundation deeply values all contributions to sustain our mission.
- To protect the privacy of our donors and their special relationship with 2theChildren.org Foundation, we maintain the following policies:
- We may request personal information online, such as name, address, phone number, email address, and account details for the purposes of accepting donations to 2theChildren.org Foundation.
- We will not release or use this information for any other purpose unless we have your consent.
- We do not trade or sell your personal information with other organisations.
- Donors may request to not receive certain mailings, such as our newsletter.
- Personal information stored in 2theChildren.org Foundation’s database is protected with a secured login with authentication, assignment of a unique ID to each person with computer access and user IDs are deactivated or terminated as needed.
- To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organisations and causes they are asked to support, we assure the following:
- To be informed of the foundation’s mission, of the way the foundation intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes
- To have access to the foundation’s most recent financial statements
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law
- For Indian Passport holders living out of country:
- You will still be treated as Indian donor and you will need to submit details of passport along with other details as mentioned above.
- For non-Indian Passport holders, your contribution will be treated as foreign donation and it will be routed to our FCRA account. We will need your passport details along with other details required from donors (as mentioned above).
- Donation refund policy:
- 2theChildren.org Foundation doesn’t encourage Refund or Cancellation of Funds.
- For more queries, please contact 2theChildren.org office or send us a mail to trust@2theChildren.org